Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Encouragement Notes

It's that time of year.  State testing is already upon us here in Texas and I'm sure in other states, as well.  Even my 3rd grade daughter is filled with nervous excitement about it. I know what you're thinking. Who gets excited about a test? All I can say is that my daughter has an awesome teacher who has passed her confidence on to her students.

For students a little less enthusiastic about long tests, we need to dig into our teacher toolkits to find ways to motivate them for this big week. I've come up with a few FREE printables for teachers to use with their students.  They are small notes of encouragement that can be added to a treat (a healthy one, of course) to motivate students on a long (should I say, boring?) day.  I also found some water labels and knew it would be a perfect place to start.

I used this blank Avery template and started creating some designs.  I purchased my Avery labels at Staples, but you can certainly just print them out on regular paper and then tape them onto your bottles. They are the perfect size for a regular sized water bottle.


The Avery labels worked out great for me.  They adhere to the bottle well and make it easy to label bottles quickly. No scissors needed.


Five labels are printed per sheet, so I decided to come up with 5 different labels to provide a little variety.

You can download my template for these labels here.


I also created a few encouragement notes that can be used as a tag for treats, such as goldfish, cookies, or pretzels.  Click on any image below to download a copy of that tag.  They come 4 to a sheet.


I hope you find these useful.  Let me know what you think. Comment and share your thoughts.






No comments:

Post a Comment