Wednesday, December 19, 2018

TechMas Tip #9: Made With Code

I have to admit this is my favorite TechMas Tip I've shared so far.  Today, I want to share the Made With Code website with you as my TechMas Tip #9.  Unfortunately, it is widely known that girls start out with a love for technology and science, yet by the time they reach their teens they have lost that passionate curiosity.  It is something I fiercely want to see changed, because I know we will be losing half of our talented and gifted scientific minds simply because girls don't believe that science and technology is for them.  Learn more about the numbers and why it's so important for girls to code here.


One of the projects that is available for the holiday season allows you create your own Holiday Emoji scene.  You will use Blockly to code the scene, which is perfect for newbies.  You can switch between viewing the scene and viewing the code.  For first time coders, there are simple instructions to help you through the project. So, anyone can be successful with this activity.  Once complete, you can share on social media or download the file to use in other projects.  




In addition to the neat projects on their site, you can find information on mentors, community and partner information, and even resources to host your own party.

Happy Holidays, Coders!

~Rosie F.

No comments:

Post a Comment