Monday, December 10, 2018

TechMas Tip#1: XtraMath

Since we are in the thick of the holiday season, I thought it would be a perfect time to share a few Tech Tidbits with you.  I know it's been a while since my last post, but I do still love to share some tech goodness with you.  With that being said, let me start with my first share of the holiday season, XtraMatha free web-based math fact fluency program that is designed to help students master addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts.

I know what you're thinking, "A math fact program, really?"  Well, give me a minute.  Core math facts are the building blocks of a child’s education and essential for success with fractions, decimals, multi-digit algorithms and higher level Math. XtraMath is based on the assumption that students who regularly practice will quickly and easily recall answers when needed, freeing up mental resources for more complex problem solving.
Image result for xtramath

What really won me over is their selection of languages, in particular, English ASL.  Yes, students can now get their instructions in American Sign Language. The student activities take less than 10 minutes each day and can easily be worked into a student’s daily routine. If needed, regular reports can be emailed directly to the parent or teacher’s inbox. Detailed progress reports and graphs are accessible online at any time.

XtraMath is a non-profit organization. Thanks to the support of grants and donations, XtraMath is free of any advertising, making it as aesthetically pleasing as it is mentally challenging.

If you're interested in helping lay a good foundation for any child's mathematical future, then give it a try. Yes, it's only math fact practice, but if it can support students at home, then I'm all in.

XtraMath

See you soon with some more TechMas goodies.  If you have any tips, sites, apps, etc to share, please feel free to post them in the comments.

~Rosie 




No comments:

Post a Comment